I’m a user experience writer + content strategist who connects humans with tech.
You need UX writing if you:
- Own a seriously cool tech business, but you don’t take yourself too seriously
- Want to give your customers a good time, for a long time (hello, CX)
- Have just received some funding, and want to do things the right way from the start (and you don’t want to waste $$ fixing it up later)
- Want to create cool a cool customer journey and need someone to be an advocate for your users (you smart cookie, you!)
- Want to help humans easily navigate your site or app (and you don’t want developers to write your copy)
- Need to stand out online (and forge a lasting relationship with your people)
- Want to give your brand a conversational, human voice
But what the heck is UX writing?
UX writing is based on research, data and problem solving.
It’s different to marketing copywriting (although I’ve got a background in this too) – instead of selling, its focus is on the user and making them enjoy interacting with your digital product.
– It’s clear, concise and uses your unique brand voice.
– It builds a trusting relationship with your users.
– It connects your digital product with the humans who interact with it.
The goal is to make your content easy to find and easy to share, and to make your product easy to use.
UX writing and content strategy transforms the complex stuff into digestible chunks for REAL humans.
Data mining, customer surveys
In-app microcopy, on-boarding emails and website copy.
Brand voice strategy
Messaging, identity, positioning, customer avatars.
Strategy and consultation
Audits, workshops, speaking and corporate training.
If you’re not afraid to sound like a real human:
“I’ve worked with a lot of copywriters over the years and she is easily the best.”– Greg Ellis, Founder – Nimble Australia